FH+H attorneys represent individuals, entrepreneurs, emerging enterprises, rapidly growing companies, and their investors in all matters involving international business formation, structuring and governance.
Services + Solutions
Our international trade and transactions team can help clients:
- Establish a business, corporation, limited liability company, general partnership, limited partnership, professional association, or other business organizations anywhere in the world
- Understand the legal and regulatory framework governing the formation and operation of overseas businesses
- Develop sustainable corporate and contracting structures that are tailored to specific transactions, industries, nations, and operating environments
- Draft and file business and corporate formation documents (e.g., articles of incorporation or organization, bylaws, operating agreements, certificates of formation, certificates of good standing and other documents showing legal formation)
- Draft and file business and corporate governance documents (e.g., meeting minutes, shareholder agreements, directors’ resolutions, shareholder/member resolutions, share registers, stock share/membership certificates, and other documents)
Experience + Capabilities
FH+H lawyers have significant experience advising and helping individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses, and investors plan for optimal growth and establish legal structures that will protect their entities throughout their existence. In particular, FH+H lawyers have extensive experience helping companies to form and legally conduct business in Europe and the Middle East, including the UAE.
- FH+H lawyers have negotiated hundreds of transactions in virtually every major industry, including the defense, security and intelligence contracting, government consulting, technology, aircraft leasing, retail, financial services, software, agriculture, energy, healthcare and life sciences sectors.
- FH+H lawyers have structured and formed limited numerous businesses in the Middle East, Africa, Canada, the Caribbean, and Central America including in related free zone authorities.
- FH+H lawyers have repeatedly sat side-by-side with their clients in a variety of operating environments as the team negotiated complex transactions directly with foreign governments and heads of state.
- FH+H lawyers are attuned to the sensitivities of operating in foreign environments, having spent years abroad in both civilian and military capacities.
- FH+H lawyers have helped their clients develop effective exit strategies from foreign markets, and have successfully wound down and dissolved numerous international business concerns.
- FH+H has three combat veterans who have served in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Successes + Clients
Note: Case results depend on a variety of unique factors, and do not guarantee or predict similar results for future cases.
- FH+H lawyers structured, formed, and established operation of a limited liability company formed in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
- FH+H acted as lead negotiator in a transaction involving foreign capital investment in a domestic defense entity, ensuring balance amongst financial risk, national security, regulatory requirements, and obligations to predecessor executives.
- FH+H structured and established cross-border joint venture between newly funded defense contractor and niche business executives, effectively satisfying multiple, seemingly conflicting, objectives by developing a unique capital, ownership and compensatory structure, while simultaneously ensuring fulfillment of national security obligations.
- FH+H lawyers have established entities in numerous overseas locations including the Caribbean, Canada, the Middle East, Africa, and Central America, including in related free zones.
To learn more about how FH+H lawyers can help structure and form your international business, please contact one of our professionals.