FH+H lawyers successfully counsel and represent clients in all aspects of technology licensing transactions.
Services + Solutions
Our Technology Licensing team:
- Drafts and negotiates complex technology licensing agreements and statements of work related to products, software, and associated services on behalf of both licensors and licensees.
- Understands the impact technology licensing agreements can have on the licensor’s intellectual property rights and structures such agreements accordingly.
- Has significant experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) and Device as a Service (DaaS) contracts.
- Counsels clients on how to structure technology licensing transactions to mitigate litigation risk and drive growth.
- Analyzes technology licensing transactions in the context of M&A due diligence.
- Has substantial international experience.
Experience + Capabilities
- Have experience in the development and licensing of computer software products and mobile applications.
- Have experience in the development and licensing of SaaS and other cloud-based technology services.
- Have experience in the development and licensing of hosting and technology support services.
Success + Clients
Note: Case results depend on a variety of unique factors and do not guarantee or predict similar results for future cases.
- Drafted, negotiated, and closed numerous multi-million dollar software licensing and services transactions on behalf of a publicly traded US technology provider with companies in the US, UK, Middle East, and the EU, to include:
- A high-profile $50 million transaction with a major sports league.
- A $75 million transaction with the UK's postal service.
- A $20 million transaction with a high-end automobile dealership in the United Arab Emirates.
- A $10 million transaction with a French-based automobile parts manufacturer.
- Master licensing and service agreements with Fortune 100 aircraft and automobile manufacturers.
- Convinced US company not to enter into technology licensing transaction with foreign entity to avoid domestic and international antitrust implications, including potential US and EU enforcement actions.
- Restructured $10 million technology licensing transaction on behalf of US company to minimize risk of claims from disappointed bidder.
To learn more about how FH+H lawyers can help with your technology licensing needs, please contact one of our professionals.