FH+H lawyers have the ability to successfully counsel and represent clients on a variety of patent issues, including identifying and protecting valuable patent rights, performing patent infringement and validity analysis, and representing clients in patent infringement assertions matters.
Services + Solutions
- Invention identification and patent application drafting.
- File and prosecute domestic and international patent applications.
- Provide patent portfolio development strategies.
- Infringement and validity analysis.
- Negotiation of patent licenses.
- Invalidity proceedings before the USPTO, including Inter Partes Reexamination (IPR) and Ex Part Reexamination proceedings.
- Patent mining to identify potential valuable patents and monetization.
- Due diligence and product clearance evaluations.
Experience + Capabilities
FH+H patent attorneys:
- Have engineering backgrounds that allow us to deal with a wide range of technologies, including semiconductors, Internet cybersecurity, telecommunications, and medical devices.
- Include Patent Examiners to provide efficient and targeted prosecution of patent applications with USPTO.
- Have extensive licensing and former in-house patent counsel experience that keep us focused on obtaining relevant patents for our clients – strong patents that protect commercially valuable inventions to support our client's business.
Success + Clients
Note: Case results depend on a variety of unique factors and do not guarantee or predict similar results in the future. Results include previous experience of FH+H attorneys.
- After eight years at the USPTO, key patent applications handled by another well-known firm were transferred to our patent attorneys. In little over a year, we succeeded in obtaining allowance of strong patent claim sets, providing cornerstone patents for the client's patent licensing campaign and ultimately resulting in sale of the client's patent portfolio for over $80 million.
- Patent mining of third-party patents resulted in identifying valuable patents relevant to a competitor's products, resulting in a stronger position for our client during a cross-license negotiation.
- Assisted a tech start-up in preparing and conducting cross-license negotiations with a major US semiconductor company, including patent portfolio development, infringement and invalidity analysis, claim charting infringement of the client's patents - which were reverse-engineered products of the competitor -, and negotiations for cross licensing of patents.
- Internet Systems (e.g. Targeted Advertising)
- Computer Hardware
- Tomography, Ultrasound, and MRI Diagnostics
- Medical Devices
- Light Emitting Diodes
- Video Analytics
- Image Sensors
- Optical Switches
- MEMs (Microelectromechanical Devices)
- Display Hardware
- Image Processing, GPUs
- Consumer Electronics
- Heavy Industries (e.g. Turbines, Injection Molding, Textile Machines)
To learn more about how FH+H lawyers can help with your patent needs, please contact one of our professionals.